How to enter Private Mode
- Launch Safari on your Mac.
- Click on the File menu and select New Private Window. Alternately, you can open a private window by holding command + shift + N.
- A new private window appears with a dark colored search field instead of a white/opaque one. This is how you can tell you're using a private browsing window.
How to clear Cache & Cookies
- Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Clear History....
- In the window that appears, select all history, and then select Clear History.
- Quit (don't just close) your browser and reopen it. Your cache and cookies will be successfully cleared.