Remote Computer Access has now ended. We are preparing the computer labs for Fall quarter. Thank you for using Remote Computer Access.
Below are the steps to connect to a lab computer in OIT Labs.
- For PCs, Remote Desktop Connection is used and already installed on Windows 10 by default.
- For MACs, Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 needs to be installed unless your MAC has Windows emulator. (i.e. virtualbox)
Quick Tutorial Video: How to connect remotely to OIT Lab Computers (Yuja <1min)
- Connect to the UCI VPN - If you see the error below, please make sure you are connected to the UCI VPN prior to using remote computer access.
- Go to UCI Remote Computer Access
-- On the left-hand side, select a Computer Lab.
-- On the right-hand side, select a computer and click Connect. This will download an RDP file.
- Download and open the RDP file (i.e. GSC75.rdp)
- Click Connect and Yes on the following prompts.
- Just like being in the computer labs, sign in with your UCInetID and Password. Please remember to sign out when finished.
- For a list of available software, please check the Computer Lab Software List
Not all labs are available for remote access and availability may change by quarter.
- User Files - Please use a cloud storage to save your files (i.e. Google Drive) Make sure to save often! Your home network or UCI VPN may get disrupted and disconnect you from the remote lab computer.
- Session Limits - There is currently no session limit but the remote computer will disconnect you after 30 mins of inactivity.
- Do not re-use the RDP file after your session. You can go to UCI Remote Computer Access page and download/connect to another available lab computer.
For further assistance, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help! Stay safe and stay healthy!