This issue occurs only on Macs.
If you try to install the VPN but everything is greyed out or you're getting the error 'a newer version is already installed,' this is because there is a previous installation of the Cisco Anyconnect VPN still on your machine.
First check if it is still installed:
- From the Finder go to the Application folder.
- Look for the "Cisco" folder and open the folder
- Then double click on "Uninstall Anyconnect" start uninstall process
- Follow instructions to uninstall VPN program
If nothing is there here is the procedure for manually uninstalling the AnyConnect client:
- Run the following shell script from the Terminal:
You will be prompted for your password. Once you enter it, just follow the steps and reboot.
If you are still having problems try this from the terminal.app and reboot:
sudo pkgutil --forget com.cisco.pkg.anyconnect.vpn