For all current Chromebooks, AnyConnect for Android is officially supported and strongly recommended for the optimal AnyConnect experience on ChromeOS. The native ChromeOS client is intended only for legacy Chromebooks incapable of running Android applications.
For Current Chromebooks
- Launch the Play Store app on your Chromebook and search for the Cisco AnyConnect app using the search box. Click on the Install button.
- Once installed, the application will be listed with the rest of your apps. Click on the app to launch it.
- Click on Connections.
- Select Add VPN Connection
- Description: UCI
- Server Address: vpn.uci.edu
- Select Done or Save.
Using the Cisco AnyConnect app
- Open the app.
- Toggle AnyConnect VPN on.
- You may also need to choose to Trust the application the first time you connect.
- The UCI login screen will come up, enter your UCInetID credentials and duo authentication
- If you wish to change the VPN group, click the back button on the top left of the login screen (do not login). This will bring you to the window where you can change the group. After selecting the group, a new login screen will come up.
- Remember to disconnect when you are finished.
For legacy Chromebooks
- Download and install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN from the Chrome Web Store.
- Go to Settings in Chrome and create a VPN entry.
- Connection to Name = UCI
- Server = vpn.uci.edu
- Go to Settings and click on “VPN”, then select “Cisco AnyConnect” and “UCI-classic” or "UCIFULL-classic".